OPS consultants specialise in the assessment, development and ...Read More
OPS are experienced providers of BPS Level A and B courses. We ...Read More
“The assistance provided by OPS Ltd proved to be a highly professional and valuable solution to an otherwise potentially difficult issue. Thank you.”
Director of Customer Advisory Services, Business Link Kent
Workplace conflict can be healthy; for example if employees are competing and pushing each other to excel it can help improve performance and create innovation. However, if not managed properly it can have a detrimental effect upon the motivation, productivity and attrition rates of the personnel involved. OPS consultants are Members of the Institute of Conflict Management and have considerable experience of managing conflict between individuals, an individual and a team, or two groups within an organisation.
Our approach harnesses the insights of psychology and years of experience of formal conflict resolution techniques.
Our conflict management programmes are tailored to the individuals and organisations involved. They focus upon
- giving objective, independent advice
- offering developmental support to everyone involved
- recognising and acknowledging the past with a view to working towards a more collaborative future
- helping participants see the situation as an opportunity for problem solving
- reducing emphasis on personal confrontation and the struggle for supremacy
- improving teamwork and productivity
We have had considerable success in resolving a number of apparently intractable situations; leaving delegates with an awareness of the types of conflict that arise and guidelines for managing such situations.
Top tips for conflict management:
• Be open and honest about the whole process with the individuals involved
• Identify a skilled, experienced facilitator who has no agenda or line management involvement with those concerned; external facilitation is more acceptable and much more successful on average, but senior managers and HR professionals can also be very effective conflict management facilitators
• Listen and record each point of view neutrally and non judgmentally
• Invite each participant to reflect back the other person’s point of view
• Note all moments of insight, offers, concessions and positive steps
• Work towards a win-win solution
• Create an action plan with support and acceptance from the participants
• Ensure the plan is followed up and implemented
• Celebrate moments of success
• Expect backsliding – people are human!
For more detailed information, please download our Conflict Management brochure.
Call us today on 0845 5050 181 to speak to one of our psychologists about how we may be able to help your organisation or email us email@example.com.